A warm welcome
Whether you’re an existing member, you’re worried about symptoms of prostate cancer or you know someone affected by prostate cancer…
We’re here to support you.
A brief introduction
The Kidderminster & Worcestershire Prostate Cancer Support Group (KWPCSG) was formed in 2000 for all individuals affected by prostate cancer.
Our members include those diagnosed with prostate cancer, their families, friends and carers. We are here to help from the moment of initial diagnosis, through treatment, recovery and beyond.
Upcoming events and meetings
Following Covid-19, we plan to host a number of in-person meetings, events and online Zoom calls.
We look to continue regular meetings in the Kidderminster Town Hall and the Wychavon Civic Centre in Pershore.
SOUTH WORCESTERSHIRE PCSG
- Tuesday 14th. June (doors open at 6.30 pm for 7.00 start).
- PANEL DISCUSSION:
- Dr. Chris Perks GP (primary care)
- Dr. Lisa Capaldi (consultant oncologist / acute care)
- Simeon Greene (National Cancer Alliance Forum / prostate cancer patients)
- Hybrid event – accessible via the website
- Wychavon Civic Centre, Queen Elizabeth Drive, Pershore WR10 1PT
DROITWICH COFFEE & CHAT
- Friday 15th. July (10.30-12.00)
- Free coffee and cake to all members, non-members and partners
- Gaudet Luce Golf Club, Middle Lane, Hadzor, Droitwich Spa WR9 7JR
KIDDERMINSTER & WORCESTERSHIRE PCSG
- Tuesday 19th July 2022 (doors open at 7.00 p.m. for 7.30 p.m. start)
- Speaker: Dr. Stephen Allen, retired anaesthetist and Chairman of Tackle
Subject: Current Treatment Pathway
- A very popular speaker to our group with a vast knowledge and a
wonderful sense of humour
- Kidderminster Town Hall, Vicar Street, Kidderminster DY10 1DB
Zoom Fitness with Di Fox
- Every Monday at 9.30am until 10.30am
- Activities for all fitness levels
Di Fox is the co-founder and director at Active-Always Health and Well Being Ltd.
Each week Di runs a keep fit session for our Group members and their partners.
The exercises are designed to improve fitness and core strength with corresponding benefits for well being and mobility.
Recent journeys and stories
As a support group, we have a large member base from a huge variety of backgrounds – all united by a journey with prostate cancer.
Explore the journeys of people with first hand experience of PSA testing, proton beam therapy, radical prostatectomy, radiotherapy, hormone therapy and more.
The Journey Back in 2020 I had a challenge and that was to be at The QE Cancer Centre in Birmingham every day at...
Peter Tomlinson has given talks to our PCSG members in Kidderminster and Pershore about his life and his own prostate...
On April 19th. KWPCSG’s Zoom meeting open to all our members was devoted to proton beam therapy (PBT), an exciting...